2 Day Arm Building Workout
This is an arm specialization workout for those of you who are tired of having puny guns, and want to try a more aggressive plan of attack. I suggest a training schedule something like this:
- Day 1 – Back, Traps and Forearms
- Day 2 – Chest and Arm Workout A
- Day 3 – Off
- Day 4 – Legs
- Day 5 – Shoulders and Arm Workout B
- Day 6 – Off
- Day 7 – Off
Arm Workout A
Arm workout A will target both the biceps and triceps with 3 different exercises as follows:
- Rep Work – 3 sets x 10 reps using a potent arm builder. 2 minutes of rest between sets.
- Pump Sets – 4 sets x 8 reps. 30 seconds of rest between sets.
- Machine Drop Set – 3 sets x 10 reps. On the third set perform a drop set. After you hit 10 reps, drop to the next lowest weight on the stack and knock out as many reps as possible. Continue dropping the weight by a small amount and knocking out reps until you can no longer continue.
Arm Workout B
Arm workout B will target both the biceps and triceps with 3 different exercises as follows:
- Cable Slow Negative Work – 3 sets x 10 reps using a cable set up. Take 3-4 seconds to return the weight to its starting point after each rep. This is called a slow negative. 2 minutes of rest between sets.
- Giant Sets – 4 different exercises, 8 reps per exercise.
- 50 Rep Death Set – Using a weight you can perform about 12-15 reps per set with, perform a total of 50 reps using as many sets as needed. Once you can no longer perform reps on a set, rest very briefly, and then try to knock out more reps.
|Biceps & Triceps|
|Close Grip Bench Press||3||10|
|Chin Ups (Palms towards face)||3||10|
|Skullcrushers – Pump sets||4||8|
|EZ Bar Curls – Pump sets||4||8|
|Machine Dip or Extension – Last set, drop set||3||10|
|Machine Bicep Curl – Last set, drop set||3||10|
|Biceps & Triceps|
|Cable Tricep Extension||3||10|
|Tricep Giant Set:|
|Two Arm Seated Dumbbell Extension||1||8|
|Cable Extensions with Rope||1||8|
|Narrow Grip Push Ups||1||8|
|Bicep Giant Set:|
|Under Grip Lat Pull Down||1||8|
|Cable Hammer Curls with Rope||1||8|
|Machine Tricep Extension – 50 rep death set||1||50|
|Machine Curl – 50 rep death set||1||50|
workout from muscleandstrength